Your questions answeredIt’s no secret that The Ski Week team are huge fans of a good ol’ road trip. We get a lot of questions about what life is like living out of a motorhome... especially in the winter. So we’ve put together a short list of commonly asked questions to give you a real taste of what #VANLIFE with us is all about. 1. Are these RVs safe to drive in the winter? Absolutely. These puppies were built for Canadian winter road conditions and can get you from A to B, safe and sound. The Ski Week, alongside partner CanaDream, provides a full orientation and walk through of your vehicle and its features before setting off for the week. All vehicles are custom built for anything you might encounter and come with with snow chains, however, all the roads we travel on during our road trip are well maintained, and if bad weather comes in we take our time before heading to our next destination or spend an extra night! 2. Will it be cold living in an RV in Feb & March? HECK no! The RVs are insulated with you in mind and fully equipped with everything necessary to ensure you are kept warm and dry inside. This includes a thermostatically controlled furnace that you can set to your desired temperature for maximum comfort. All the windows come with insulated panels and blankets so all that heat is locked in and nicely contained. Trust us, it gets pretty toasty at times! 3. Is there enough space to live in these vehicles for a week? There is a reason why they call them “motorhomes,” since these vehicles are built to accomodate a family of 5 comfortably (i.e. you and all your besties) for long-haul road trips. Some key facts about your “motorhome” for the week:
- The storage locker underneath the back of the vehicle has ample storage for 5 additional friends (if only it was heated!), so this is where you put your skis, suitcase, and beer to chill.
- The bathroom has a furnace vent making it an ideal place to dry wet gear, including boots and jackets, and a great place to store these items out of your way.
- Kitchens are fully equipped. You can prepare a michelin star meal in these things and all sit around the dining room table that expands out once you are parked, perfect for family meal time.
- The shower & toilet are fully usable since water pipes are all winterized, but we recommend showering at our designated shower stops so you don’t need to fill up on water every day.
- There is plenty of storage throughout the inside of the RV for all of your stuff, including two closets in the back with hangers and cupboards and drawers throughout.